Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

Last modified 7 years ago

#4685 closed defect (fixed)

autogen.sh quits with error

Reported by: anonymous Owned by:
Priority: normal Milestone: 0.12.2
Component: None Version: hg
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: Blocked By:
Blocking: OS: All

Description

autogen.sh gives the following error on a fresh svn checkout

ln: creating symbolic link `po/Makefile.in.in': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `po/Makefile.in.in': No such file or directory
intltoolize: cannot copy '/usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in' to 'po/Makefile.in.in'

Change History (15)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 7 years ago by asterix

which intltool version do you have?

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 7 years ago by anonymous

Replying to asterix:

which intltool version do you have?

intltool version is 0.40.0 from debian testing.

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by cilugnedon

This is a duplicate to #4680, I guess. I had the same error with intltool < 0.40.5.

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by asterix

I don't have the problem with 0.40.3, but I don't know what we changed that require 0.40.3

comment:5 follow-up: Changed 7 years ago by asterix

do you have the file /usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in?

do you have it in po folder?

could you make distclean, rm po.Makefile.in.in and try again?

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 Changed 7 years ago by anonymous

Replying to asterix:

do you have the file /usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in?

do you have it in po folder?

could you make distclean, rm po.Makefile.in.in and try again?

/usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in is available (and world readable) po/Makefile.in.in does not exist and po/ is writeable

comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by anonymous

crap, that should read:

/usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in is available (and world readable)
po/Makefile.in.in does not exist and po/ is writeable


no line breaks for me...

comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by asterix

that sounds a libtool bug then, very strange :/

comment:9 Changed 7 years ago by m_gol

I'm also affected. My libtool has a version 1.5.26-1ubuntu1. intltool - 0.37.1-1ubuntu1. OS is Ubuntu Hardy.

Couldn't it compile without libtool/intltool if they're broken? (it would be without language tools etc., but at least the rest would compile...)

One else: I did make clean and - to my surprise - Gajim run properly and even the LaTeX module works properly... The Features window shows that everything from there is installed... How is it possible without compiling the modules?

comment:10 Changed 7 years ago by brubru

Same here an Gentoo

sys-devel/autoconf: 2.63
sys-devel/automake: 1.10.2
sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.26
dev-util/intltool: 0.37.1

I can workaround this by:

./autogen.sh

create config dir with:

$ ls -l config
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 bruno users 39 fév 13 14:42 intltool-extract.in -> /usr/share/intltool/intltool-extract.in
lrwxrwxrwx 1 bruno users 37 fév 13 14:42 intltool-merge.in -> /usr/share/intltool/intltool-merge.in
lrwxrwxrwx 1 bruno users 38 fév 13 14:42 intltool-update.in -> /usr/share/intltool/intltool-update.in

mkdir config/po
ln -s /usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in po

Note that the manual link is in po dir note config/po. A Makefile.in.in symlink is made by next autogen.sh in config/po

now

./autogen.sh

works

I think that one of autogen.sh commands run in $PWD/config while it search others paths in $PWD

comment:11 Changed 7 years ago by johpunk

thanks dude i fix that problem on gentoo :D

comment:12 Changed 7 years ago by asterix

is it still reproductible with newer version of intltool?

comment:13 Changed 7 years ago by asterix

I have access with a machine on which that fails: problem is in intltoolize script.

After investigation problem is fixed in their svn since 740 so intltool 0.40.1

I update dep list.

comment:14 Changed 7 years ago by asterix

  • Milestone set to 0.13
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

(In [3a710876206539f6f860a510d9dbad94027c70cc]) we require libtool 0.40.1. Fixes #4685

comment:15 Changed 7 years ago by asterix

  • Milestone changed from 0.13 to 0.12.2

(In [cbaeee80b5c9db20b90b95863ab358dde3536707]) import bugfixes from trunk: [c60152f8d5f9940f9d66818a0b5d9f614fe9e605] [646b0fd5950f3d0b096a0a42b618a755a792b5ba] [6ebb832fd3be167867974f3f15c1024807afeb7e] [e9b803b5238d6b124f2d0cbfddf8d20e2d3c391e] [29465379e2a8575a25a3509583d5708690ece4d3] [792671f6d82b5a0d562d37998b8f0f04fc06c87c] [21847873136e7de126bc17840733755fe3ba1a02] [7c396d6fd63e7d9b7ffc58f41a97aa72e183eb08] [4215fe46c2a85f5eb70865939c234745be937402] [5fcf0094b8584ca03d9e54df25c7eff5fea336af] [863f55c2407492db9ff63551ecad15255e9baf05] [f157151ea7485cf6a42cd976725dc4fe94f48d08] [ea1b8748b1973eb0dd4e744c43d47b9720d6620d] [f79ebe972e13cf43482b027de50c0e0e70c51f87] [5db90b1491eb877dd1b701314a6afd881c34ad70] [29595389d939d505fd2d3bf071a2144f0d484ddf] [19b0d568fb9e55fdbb87a2f991f4b521584cbd8e] [5cdd5db794f27ae3386a7e95679693b5543851c5] [ef06a04b887b270a67af0601ea4c0e3b749875c8] [bc196534a37c3f3e68c92d76405024037d4fb62b] [9c8221fff10767fa9bccff8f44b7a672df3d32b5] [dd3d59a6bd76f09550dcafda8be49176521b0a6b] [277faab27b227fce8284ef0c8d0b7650f7345c57] [6bd59d44226a142892cee6e8cf66dcb66c29ad49] [76bcab1cb8772ddc856d15a091488004ccb4ca8b] [a85187a9f8b9eb9b5dcd3362961b1a2fadc6d396] [9a534acab29c7bd76e1f81dcc2d825ba5657f06b] [3a710876206539f6f860a510d9dbad94027c70cc] [d46c54783fc5b7a225fbd033193a64d1e6b1c3da] [d3c333374d13289c592efc210f5d4c56e1652267] [f4864a18c1c4a97c208a7ed7bcdf85df2e05e3e9] [cdef90a00289c1f2262295430cfe94759eb418bb] [98b92abcd91fc3f758d2908fe8a8b4fa62b562bd] [4ac1121c5216b55861d3c9f6a6a6a467be0fa448]

Fixes #4702 #4891 #4880 #4913 #4582 #4888 #4884 #4938 #4948 #4950 #4938 #4937 #4936 #3597 #4852 #4867 #4957 #4685 #4746 #4964 #4978 #4977 #4727

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.